Was REALLY concerned about the shoulder yesterday, it was WAY BAD… However, today I got treatment of one of the best out there, Carl Fredrik at SPINEX. He is also working with the Swedish downhill team, and Anja Pärsson.
It’s much better, still a bit unstable. But my dear NIke pal Rod will help me out and tape me good for Saturdays classes.
Just back from SATS and training with my GET FIT team mates. WOW, the Nike get fit class will be CRAZY HARD. Hope you are ready for it, cuz our team is ON! Per, Maria, Emma, Anna and Me will make your legs shake for a few days….
Or, atleast plan to preform!!
Been pushing quite hard the last months (my body that is). And now it’s just a week to go before the Nike BLAST, and it’s time to finalize the puzzle…
GOAL: Be in better shape (flexibility, strenght, explosive) than ever before. So I can rock BODYCOMBAT, pureTRAINING and Nike GET FIT at the BLAST.
Did I do it? Yes… Strength and explosive is way up! However, doing a lot of prepping for Nike Training for Runners and doing that ED. I noticed a trade off between being explosive and being flexible. It’s REALLY hard to be both at the same time. The more Bikram Yoga and martial arts I do, the more flexible I get, but also lose some plyometric power (explosiveness).
Right now, im more explosive than flexible… But a week of rest and yoga might change that!
So what now? this last 5 days will look like this:
Monday (BODYPUMP and stretch)
Tuesday (Massage, and Bikram)
Wednesday (2xBC and stretch, will try to sub my BP class away)
Saturday (THE NIKE BLAST)
Sunday (THE NIKE BLAST)
What do you think about this week? Do I need to TRAIN more??
Was really thinking about this yesterday, and it still occupies my brain a bit…
I have a routine before I teach, and it looks different in different classes and different occasions. But still, I have and will always have a routine to do, a way of making me feel in the ”zone” for that specific class.
Here is tw0 examples:
BODYCOMBAT class at the gym:
I will have a HUGE coffe on the way to the gym. U will see me there at least 45min before, with my ipod and full gear. Probably doing some shadowboxing in the studio or if I have to, in the gym. Then I will do some stretching, and some light dynamic work. During this time, I will drink at least half a liter of water. Then Im ready!
BODYPUMP convention class or Quarterly ed:
At the venue no later than 60-90 min before (want to hook at the sound, lights, material etc) gear up and set everything up that I need before. If it’s a BIG convention and people set up everything before. I need to walk around, looking and talking with the participants, i guess I want to know who is there. I will do a light warmup for legs and lower back about 20 min before. The strange thing is that I don’t drink any coffee before normally. That is only part of my ”gym teaching” routine. Cuz I have learnt that it’s WAY EASY to cramp up, when U have massive lights and lots of adrenaline in your body. So caffeine, nope…
Well, been doing this since 2004 and maybe my routines have changed a BIT. But they look pretty much as my routine I had before my first classes in the gym as a seventeen year old boy… hahahah, LOOONG time ago!!
If you are in Fitness Festivalen this weekend, observe my routines. Im not kidding u!
My original plans this coming weekend was to be in Oslo…I was booked to do a initial training for SATS in BODYPUMP. Was there a few weeks ago to train the very first group of BODYPUMP instructors, and now it was planned for stage 2..
However, our ICE QUEEN (Pernilla Blomqvist) injured herself last weekend, so now im going to Göteborg for QW´s and Fitness Festivalen. I really hope that Icey recover fast, cuz I know how much it SUCKS to be injured… But I will make sure to kick as much BUTT as she would, and LIFT atleast as much as her….
On thursday I do my first QW in Gothenburg for the weekend, and will get at RPM class in with this DUDE on friday. And maybe I drop by some other class in G-burg when Im in the city… U never know!
Ohh, and DONT MISS that GSP is fighting this weekend… Will try to look at the fight online!
I guess i have almost used up all my BITCH points soon, but I still have a few left to use for later!
Since Im not currently teaching, I have the luxury of taking classes instead. However, I have learned that Im a LAZY AZZ when I take class! Or my body just decides to be lazy when I take class…
I find this MOST irritating… This morning for example, I took a BODYPUMP class. Great class BTW, but my legs was shaking fronm the squat track all the way to the shouldertrack.. My chest weight was less then my little sister would use, and I can’t even tell you my bicep weight….
Howcome? Guess it’s part adrenaline and maybe a part ”can’s show people Im weak” when Im on stage, but off stage IM LAZY!!! Strange, cuz in the GYM im not, only when I take class….
Guess I got to HARDEN UP!!
2011 will start with a BAAANG for sure!
First, we have the Nike BLAST in Stockholm 29-30 january. The year can´t start in a better way that THAT! You will have the worlds best presenters for two days teaching amazing classes!
I will teach three classes, hope to see you guys there!
BODYCOMBAT with joseph and Jericho from the US. Prepare for a WAR in this one, it will go off!
pureTRAINING nothing fancy, nothing strange, just PURE HARDCORE TRAINING! are you tough enough for it?
NTC Get Fit! Nikes new training training club class.
Besides those, I have inside info that the opening class with THIS little lady in the BIG room will be off the chain! Im gonna take it, and so will you I hope…
I have some….
Got them from a friend in the US, so Im not even sure the are legal here in Sweden… But if you need some, you can just email me and I will hook you up!
They will make you work harder, lift more weight, kick stronger, ride the bike longer… They will make you to a machine!
I first got them at a quarterly workshop of a fellow trainer… I was in pain after cramping in the third class that day, and he came up to me and offered them to me. Small, tiny pink pills with the words ”HARDEN THA F@*K UP!”…..
Ooohhh, you were expecting a quick fix? a pill to get U R ass in shape? to make you work harder? SORRY, but the HTFU pills works like crazy to! just gotta TAKE IT!
I sure had to take a double dose after this weekend:
Friday: BODYPUMP® QW
Sat: BODYPUMP® BODYCOMBAT® and RPM™ Qw’s back to back….
Sun: BODYPUMP® and BODYCOMBAT® Qw’s back to back…
Alright, in Helsinki this friday, all packed and prepped for QW’s…
Sitting having lunch, and when Im getting up to leave, someone have STOLEN my wallet! That SUCKS! so after canceling all credit cards (swedish and american) I realized that without ID and any cards, you are in a shitty position to go traveling over half of finland…
However, I managed all the way to the BODYPUMP qw in Hesinki on friday, and the people there were HARDCORE! on a friday night….
Then straight to Tampere in a car, arriving arount 01.00, doing some laundry and getting into bed at 2.15. ALARM went off at 05.45 to start the day, a beautiful day!
Did BC 8.30, BP 10.30 and RPM 12.30 so I had a good 6h of workout and lectures… GOOD STUFF! Helps me getting back in shape!
Doing BC and BP in Lappeenranta tomorrow, so I better get some sleep now…
Been traveling like INSANE the last few weeks, and spent WAY to many hours in airports. I googled ”what to do at airports” and this guy had some great tips!
I have already tried 2 of them… Guess who they were! Now, I think the world, and especially our time on the road would be a funnier place if YOU also tried a few…
GO FOR IT!! next time u are in an airport, and report back to me how it was!!
- Ask strangers if you can take their picture. Almost everyone travels with a digital camera these days. There’s probably not much to take pictures of in most airports, but there are always people. Sure, you might get strange looks, but you’ll be meeting new people. Advanced difficulty: If anyone seems really keen to get their picture taken, ask if you can take a picture of their bum.
- ”May I borrow your newspaper?” Why spend good money on a newspaper at the airport when someone else is sure to have one? What’s more, no one can read the whole paper at once, there’s all those sections. Just ask for the sports page, or the financials, or comics. Advanced difficulty: Ask the same person repeatedly. Super advanced difficulty: Once you obtain someone’s newspaper, make a paper hat.
- Read over someone’s shoulder. If you can’t/won’t borrow someone’s paper, just find someone who is reading and read over their shoulder. Make audible comments on what you read. This is easiest if they are reading a newspaper, a bit more challenging if they are reading a magazine. Advanced difficulty: read over the shoulder of someone reading a novel.
- Wheelchair follies. Many airports have courtesy wheelchairs available for passenger convenience. Find one, sit down and start rolling. You might get some looks from the people who see you walk up to the chair and sit down, but don’t let that bother you. Advanced difficulty: Find someone else willing to race. Super advanced difficulty: Take bets on the race.
- No Hootie, just blowfish. Airports have lots of windows/full length glass walls, so there should be no difficulty finding a place to try this. People on the other side of the glass will be ever so impressed. Advanced difficulty: Skip the blowfish, go for pressed ham. Just watch out for security.
- I will follow. All airports have myriad security personel. Some will be stationed at specific posts, other circulate. Find a security guard on patrol, and follow him. Keep at least 50 feet back. Stop when he stops, turn when he turns. When he figures out you might be following him, that’s probably a good time to stop. Advanced difficulty: When he figures out you are following him and turns to look at you, turn around and look at someone behind you. Then keep following. Super advanced difficulty: Carry a notepad and make sure the guard sees you taking notes.
- All we need is music. Most airports do not play music over the PA — too many announcements. So find yourself a quiet corner, turn to face the wall, and start singing. Advanced difficulty: Skip the quiet corner, go straight to the departures lounge and sing there. Super advanced difficulty: Sing the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song. Loudly.
- They don’t make chairs like they used to. Some chairs in airports are all welded and essentially indestrucible. Other chairs are held together with bolts. One handy feature of bolts is that they are generally removeable. Just remove enough bolts for the chair to collapse once any weight is on it, then sit a safe distance away and wait for some schmuck to sit down. Advanced difficulty: Laugh and point when someone does sit down and the chair collapses. Super advanced difficulty: Do this to a table instead.
- Make it look like you live in the airport. This is easily accomplished by packing a bathrobe in your carry-on bag. Just throw that on and stash your jacket in the bag instead. To add to the effect, rub your eyes so it looks like you just woke up. Hey, it worked for Tom Hanks. Advanced difficulty: Tell people that you’re going to make waffles. Super advanced difficulty: Bring a waffle iron, make waffles. Ultra advanced difficulty: Try this in a small municipal airport.
On the way to Olso again! This time to bring BODYPUMP to SATS in Norway!
Yep, SATS in Norway don’t have BODYPUMP today, but will have it when spring hits. Just in time to get people in shape for the summer…
Gonna be AWESOME, first group of BODYPUMP instructors, be ready to lift some weight this weekend. Cuz we gonna set the bar HIGH!
Noooo… probably NOT like this dude however….